2021 ECCR Virtual Meeting
It is our pleasure to invite you to the second ECCR 2021 virtual meeting, that will take place on Friday 8th and Saturday 9th October 2021.
ECCR 2021: 24th Meeting of the European Council for Cardiovascular Research (ECCR) – October 8 – 9, 2021
ECCR 2021 VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
It is our pleasure to invite you to the ECCR 2021 virtual meeting.
Date: Friday 8th and Saturday 9th October 2021.
Aims: The 24th meeting of the ECCR will focus on recent advances in vascular damage and cardiometabolic disease, new aspects on cardiovascular health in women and a hot topic session on the relationship and impact of COVID-19 on cardiovascular and metabolic disease.
Highlights of the 24th Meeting
- The programme includes state-of-the art lectures by keynote speakers, oral communications, and poster sessions with dedicated time for trainees and new investigators.
- Special awards will be given to trainees and fellows and to the winner of The Art in Science Competition.
- There will be also a social activity with networking possibilities.
An exciting and comprehensive programme that covers major topics in the field including:
- Vascular and immune mechanisms in hypertension
- Novel aspects of sex and CVD
- Obesity, metabolic disorders, and cardiovascular disease
- Covid-19 and cardiometabolic disease
- Early Career Researcher sessions
- Business meets Academia. Science and technology for life.
Call for abstracts
Abstract submission is now open.
Please note abstracts will be published in the journal of Clinical Science.
- Both oral and poster communications will be presented by speakers in moderated sessions using power point presentations.
- Oral communications: 10 min + 5 min discussion
- Poster communications: 5 min + 3 min discussion
Please click here to submit an abstract.
You will be notified of the outcome of your abstract submission by 29th September.
Art in Science Competition: Find the beauty of science through art!
All participants in the ECCR 24th virtual meeting are encouraged to showcase the artistic side of science by submitting to The Art in Science Competition!
Images will be displayed on the ECCR webpage, all participants will have the opportunity to vote for their favourite image and the winners will be announced at the closing ceremony.
Please email submissions to Margaret.Kinninmont@glasgow.ac.uk.
Registration fee for all participants: 50 €
Please click here for further details and to register.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please let us know. You are welcome to contact us at: Margaret.Kinninmont@glasgow.ac.uk
Ana Briones, Matthias Barton, Marko Poglitsch, Koen Reesink, Carmine Savoia, Maria-Christina Zennaro, Marta Gil-Ortega (Early Career Researcher), Francisco Rios (Early Career Researcher), Giacomo Rossitto (Early Career Researcher)
How to write a Scientific Article: Webinar with Prof Gian Paolo Fadini Save the date: Monday 6th September 2021 - 16.00 CET The ECCR's Early Career Researchers (ECR) are organizing an exciting educational programme called “Writing Sessions”. Our guests are...
Does atherosclerosis have a sex and gender? This is what we will discuss with world renowned speakers during our live online symposium on 28 April from 17h – 18h30 CEST. We kindly ask you to spread the word within your networks and invite your colleagues to register...